We aim to help patients find out what is causing the neck pain so pain so that we can help them correct this issue, using a safe and nonsurgical alternative to treat neck pain. The good news is that neck pain is manageable and more often than not it can be dealt with quickly and easily.
If you are in Bay City, Michigan do not let neck pain keep you down!
Neck pain can hurt every day making normal activities hard and even unbearable. This is where we come in. We believe that you deserve to be pain free. We want to get to the root of what is actually happening. Neck pain comes in many forms. You may experience muscle spasms, cramping, stiffness, sensitivity to touch or pressure, and even pain that is getting worse.
Sometimes it doesn’t feel like it will ever go away.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, it is time to contact us.
- Cervical Disc Herniation
- Cervical Radiculopathy
- Sprained ligaments
- Strained muscles
- Neck pain
- Trigger points
- Pinched nerve
- Inflamed joints
- Cervical Disc Degeneration
- and many more.
You may experience neck pain from a number of different reasons, most commonly we find these to be the biggest culprits:
- Poor Posture
- Overuse injuries
- Job demands
- Working out/ exercising
- Lifting weights improperly
- Old injuries
The goal of a chiropractic adjustment is to mobilize the joint fixation to increase the range of motion, reduce nerve irritability, and improve mobility.
If you are uncomfortable with the more traditional manual adjustments, the PulStar is an amazing option for light force, gentle chiropractic adjustments.
Active Release Technique (ART) is a soft tissue therapy designed to rid injured areas of scar tissue.
The goal is to trigger an inflammatory healing response. This will stimulate the production of new collagen and proper, functional, pain-free healing.
Different but specific exercises will be given at the proper time to support your care, from beginning pain care through maintenance and wellness care.
Improved healing time, pain reduction, increased blood circulation and decreased swelling are the major effects of laser energy. Summus Medical Lasers are designed to treat pain and accelerate the healing process.
The McKenzie method is a standardized assessment tool, defining and classifying movement problems and recommending appropriate treatment. More simply, if applicable we teach you to continue treatment at home between visits!
This is an important question to ask and to answer! Chiropractic care can be tailored to many scenarios of neck pain. Whether its acute pain, its angry and very flared up, or it is more chronic neck pain and you’ve been dealing with it for years.
It excites us to have new patients who have had other chiropractic experiences, what we do at Lake Effect Chiropractic is target the source of the problem and try to extinguish it! Getting the body moving, from the joints to the muscles, we find MOVEMENT IS MEDICINE!
Even though neck pain is common, the level of severity and the conditions responsible differ. What we do is different, your neck pain treatment is always individualized and we are here to help you with whatever neck pain you may be experiencing here in Bay City, Michigan.
We work together with the medical community to make sure you receive the proper care no matter what your condition may be, new or old, minor or serious, we want you to get back to a pain free life and enjoy it!
Chiropractic care helps many kinds of neck pain. Pain can be generated from joints, muscles, or nerves. With a thorough history and exam, we identify which structures are the primary pain generators and which structures are affected due to poor structural function.
Fixing the source of the pain is what we do. By restoring function to each of the named structures above, we help your body take time for it to HEAL and function at 100%. The body is a unique mechanical system and all structures need to be treated to return to 100%.
We don’t just treat the joints here at Lake Effect Chiropractic, as mentioned above, neck pain can, and most likely will, involve multiple structures which we will identify and correct during your healing journey.
Degenerative disc disease (DDD):
Most often there are problems in the low back due to degenerative changes involving the C4, C5, C6 or C7 intervertebral discs. When the disc degenerates, it loses flexibility, leaving your more susceptible to injuring the structure.
Disc injuries are typically worse first thing in the morning, cause difficulty moving from seated to standing, make it hard to bend over, and pain typically increases when seated. These are just a few examples of how disc injuries present.
- Narrowing of the spinal canal puts pressure on your spinal cord or nerve roots, you may have numbness, weakness, cramping, and pain in your arms.
- Usually, the narrowing is caused by osteoarthritis, or “wear and tear” arthritis, of the spinal column and/ or by bulging of the discs between the vertebrae (the bones of the back). It may also be caused by a thickening of the ligaments that hold the spine together.
- Management of this condition is best accomplished with a proactive and preventative approach utilizing chiropractic and strengthening rehabilitative care.
- For the first time in history, the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) has recommended that manual therapy (what we do as chiropractors), if added to exercise or rehabilitation, may further benefit osteoarthritis.
- Arthritis typically presents with stiffness in the AM when you first get moving. However, when you get moving, maybe take a hot shower, much of the symptoms improve.
- Arthritis responds very well to chiropractic care because we are aiming to improve movement in the body. We firmly believe movement is medicine!
- We at Lake Effect Chiropractic are all about staying in the game, or at the very least, getting back to it as quickly as possible. We want to work with you through an injury, learn how to stay active during recovery, and help you recover to be stronger than before!
- When a disc herniates or “slips”, the nearby nerve can become extremely sensitive and irritated. This is a severe example; however, you may experience severe symptoms when in reality your condition may only be a minor injury. This is why a conservative evaluation and treatment to begin is highly beneficial.
- This can be a true “pinched nerve”.
Chronic Neck Pain
- One of the most common conditions we see on a daily basis is chronic neck pain.
- Approaching the whole system: joints and muscles is what makes us different from other offices.
- Don’t let chronic neck pain stop you from being active with your children/grandchildren, or stopping you from going on that stress-relieving run or walk.
What they did for my back and neck in two visits other places couldn’t do in 10 visits. My neck has not felt this good in years.
- Scott T., // Saginaw, Michigan
Dr. Britt is awesome. She has helped my back and neck issues. I feel awesome after an adjustment. I can function with my day to day activities. Highly recommend going to them.
- Bonnie H., // Bay City, Michigan
Great experience thus far after having neck pain and headaches for more than 30 years. Never thought I would know what it feels like to be almost pain-free. Dr. Ashley is a positive force and I am starting to believe I may someday become pain-free or very close! Thank you, Lake Effect!
- Su H., // Bay City, Michigan