Our hips bear a lot of weight and provide us with stability, balance, and mobility. The hip joints are incredibly important to many of our everyday movements. Everything from making the bed to dancing typically relies on two healthy hips.
When our hips are in pain, it can make exercise and motion hard, but it also causes hardships for sedentary events, such as watching a movie while on the sofa or working while sitting at a desk. Your local chiropractor can help end your hip pain by finding and treating the condition causing your symptoms.
In this article, we tell you all about hip pain, including:
- Reasons for hip discomfort
- Conditions that cause hip pain
- Tips to help prevent hip pain and strengthen the hips
- Chiropractic solutions to treat hip pain and the injuries associated with hip pain
- And more
Don’t let your hip pain keep you from your activities. Read on to learn how to take control so you can get back to enjoying your life again.
Why Do I Have Hip Pain?
Because most of us use our hips often, they can become vulnerable to discomfort. You should always pay attention when your body shows signs of pain; it’s how you know there’s something wrong.
Whether your movements are causing your hip to hurt or you’ve been involved in an accident, a chiropractor can help you find safe, natural solutions that allow the body to heal and recover.
Reasons for hip pain include:
- Poor posture or ergonomics
- Prolonged sedentary behavior
- Regular standing or sitting for long periods
- Improper footwear
- Improper lifting techniques
- Improper habitual movement patterns
- A traumatic event or accident
- A poorly healed surgery
- Improper training for athletic events
- Weight gain or pregnancy
- Mental stress
- And others
These events, lifestyles, or habits may be unavoidable; however, with the right care and guidance, you can get and keep strong, healthy hips that support your actions.
Minor hip discomfort can turn into or be because of more serious conditions, including:
- Disc herniation and other disc injuries
- Overuse injury due to athletics or occupation
- Regular wear and tear or aging
- Sprains and strains, such as a hamstring strain or hip flexor strain
- Hip impingement
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- And others
These issues are common and can affect those of all ages and lifestyles. Chiropractic care and services treat these conditions using soft tissue, joint, and spinal therapies that encourage natural healing.
How Can I Prevent Hip Pain?
Preventing pain altogether is a goal many of us strive for. However, we can’t always avoid becoming injured, no matter how proactive we are with our healthcare.
While complete pain prevention isn’t possible, there are ways you can contribute to a strong, healthy body and hip, which may help keep you safe during strenuous exercise or an accident, reduce the possibility of re-injury, and help you bounce back from injury faster and safer.
Tips to help avoid hip pain include:
- Introduce daily stretching and exercise into your routine
- Adhere to proper posture and set up your workstation using ergonomics
- If you sit or stand for extended periods, take a break every 30 minutes and stretch, walk around, or get off your feet
- Wear the proper footwear for your activities and ensure they’re supportive, fit well, and are in good condition
- Always warm up before physical activity and cool down after
- Rest and ice the hips at the first signs of discomfort
- Maintain a healthy weight
- When in pain, stop activities that aggravate it further
- Proactively work with your chiropractor to ensure your body’s function
These tips can help you stave off hip discomfort; however, often, we push our bodies to extremes or don’t realize we’re damaging our tissues and joints, and pain sneaks up on us.
Chiropractic to Treat Hip Pain in Bay City
Chiropractic services are a proven and trusted way to treat matters that pertain to the spine and musculoskeletal system. Because of soft tissue and joint connections within the body, when one area is compromised, pain can show up elsewhere.
Our Bay City chiropractic team will provide you with a comprehensive physical assessment, which is the most responsible way of ensuring you get the best treatment plan possible.
Our chiropractic techniques and services to heal injuries that cause hip pain include:
Our experienced hip pain chiropractor offers extensive support to the right areas of the body, rebuilding integrity throughout the intricate systems so you can move comfortably and restriction-free.
We know you want to get back to your routine; contact our Bay City chiropractic clinic today, and let’s get started.